If tooth loss has changed your smile or made eating a little difficult, dental implants may offer the perfect solution. Your Braintree, MA, dentists at Dr. George Salem and Associates help their patients improve their smiles with dental implants and other restorations and treatments.
Dental Implants Offer Complete Tooth Restoration
When debating your restoration options, you'll want to keep these dental implants Braintree benefits in mind:
- Only Restoration Option to Provide Root Replacement: Dental implants are small posts made of titanium, a biocompatible metal that bonds to bones. The implants are placed in your jawbone during minor oral surgery and become the roots of your artificial teeth. Roots give your teeth strength and stability, allowing you to easily eat a variety of foods. Dental implants are connected to crowns, dental restorations that replace the visible parts of your teeth, to create fully functioning new teeth.
- Excellent Comfort: Some restorations may slip and slide a little, irritating the gums. Since your crowns are connected to replacement roots, they won't budge even if you eat an ear of corn at a picnic or bite into a piece of crusty bread. Many people in Braintree report that their implants feel just like their natural teeth.
- Easy Care: You won't have to change your usual oral hygiene routine when you have dental implants. Keeping your new tooth in good shape only requires daily brushing and flossing, states your Braintree dentist.
- No Changes to Your Jawbone: The jawbone may shrink after tooth loss, a problem that occurs when an area of the bone is no longer stimulated by tooth roots. The consequences of shrinking include facial sagging and loose teeth. Dental implants provide constant stimulation to your jawbone and prevent shrinking.
- A Long-Lasting, Cost-Effective Choice: Thanks to the bone-bonding capability of titanium, you'll never need to replace your dental implants, unlike other restorations that require periodic replacement. When you consider the lifetime costs of other tooth restoration options, you discover that dental implants in Braintree, MA, are the least costly choice.
Don't let tooth loss keep you from smiling! Fill the gaps in your smile with dental implants offered by your dentists in Braintree, MA. Call Dr. George Salem and Associates at (781) 843-0660 to schedule your appointment.